Liberals send $63M to UN food aid as Canadian food bank use hits record high
The Liberal government is sending $63.2 million to the United Nations for emergency food aid across more than 20 countries.
The funding comes as Canadian food banks face record demand, with nearly 2.2 million visits recorded in March 2025. Ottawa allocated $20 million to support Canadian food banks and other organizations helping food-insecure Canadians.
The spending has drawn criticism from Conservative MP Ned Kuruc, who questioned whether Ottawa should prioritize Canadians facing rising grocery prices and affordability concerns. Keep Reading
EXCLUSIVE: Military intelligence identified digital IDs, CBDCs as tools of authoritarian control
Canadian military intelligence warned that digital IDs, CBDCs and other technologies could become tools of authoritarian control, according to a partially declassified 2024 assessment obtained by Juno News.
Despite the warning, governments across Canada are developing digital ID systems. Ottawa, Alberta, B.C. and Quebec have all advanced digital credentials or wallets.
The report warned these technologies could enable surveillance, restrict transactions and limit access to services if combined and misused. Keep Reading
Carney tells premiers to return U.S. alcohol to store shelves
Prime Minister Mark Carney is urging provinces to return U.S. wine and spirits to store shelves as Canada works toward a trade deal with the Trump administration.
Nova Scotia Premier Tim Houston said Carney made the request during a call with premiers Wednesday. Alberta and Saskatchewan have already lifted their bans.
The White House has said ending the bans is a key part of any deal, while other premiers have yet to commit. Ontario has spent $8 million storing U.S. alcohol, with $2.6 million worth having expired. Keep Reading
Trump teases Keystone XL revival in Canada-U.S. trade talks
Trump is floating a revival of the long-dead Keystone XL pipeline as Canada and the U.S. negotiate a new trade deal, saying the project “may be awoken from the grave.” The potential revival could be major news for Alberta’s energy sector, with Premier Danielle Smith having repeatedly pushed for the project to be brought back. Keep Reading
Alberta couple launches legal challenge over invasive census questions
An Alberta couple is challenging Canada’s mandatory long-form census after being forced to disclose sensitive information about their sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, and history of homelessness or face a potential $500 fine. The couple argues the questions violate their Charter rights to privacy and liberty, with their lawyer saying the government’s authority to count Canadians does not automatically give it the power to compel disclosure of intimate personal details. Keep Reading
Unidentified man wanted for allegedly sexually assaulting six-year-old
Toronto police are on the lookout for a man they describe as being “approximately 55 to 60 years old, 5’6’’ tall with an average build, with a black and grey receding hairline, after the man allegedly sexually assaulted their six-year-old child. Police say the child was playing on the trains in the park when the man walked up to the child and sexually assaulted them. Keep Reading
David Eby is giving away hundreds of thousands of acres to First Nations communities
British Columbia Premier David Eby is about to hand over hundreds of thousands of acres of prime Crown real estate to First Nations groups for absolutely nothing in return. This includes waterfront property, at least two national parks, Royal Roads University and Hatley Castle. Watch Now
West Kelowna woman hit with six charges over suspicious Vernon grass fires
A West Kelowna woman is facing six criminal charges after RCMP said two Vernon grass fires were intentionally set earlier this month. Mariah Banning Baer, 33, has been charged with arson, possessing incendiary material, disguising her face to commit an indictable offence and breaching probation, and was remanded in custody pending a bail hearing. Keep Reading
OP-ED: A Quebec minister crossed the line on free speech
“A Quebec judge has ordered a former cabinet minister to pay $30,000 in punitive damages for telling a Crown-owned convention centre to tear up a Christian group’s rental agreement.” Keep Reading








He hates Canadians